Literature review method design.
When designing method on literature review remember following:
- Add simple rejection criteria:
- not in language review speaks
- is not readable state unless specially needed
- no access
- Mark always where citation is found.
- When searhing database write down search term.
- Test database search ability before hand. Write down this was done.
- Does database limit number of keywords?
- Can categorization be used to narrow down the seatch?
- Does database have maximum number of retuned records?
- Can results be downloaded to file?
- Graph authors, journals, and years between found results to get idea if one of them dominates.
How to read a paper.
In first reading do not read in the written order. Following order is design to make it clear if paper doesn't have relevent information. You don't need to go through every step to stop reading.
- Read the title.
- Read keywords.
- Read the abstract.
- Read the conclusions.
- Read tables and figures.
- Read the introduction.
- Read results.
- Read discussion.
- Read the expriments in detail.
Taking notes to seperate paper vs to edges of the paper?