Nothing much happened in this episode. We get more on Maria's backstory. Her father's absence isn't explained which maybe comes to play later. At least the scene between Maria and her mother was nice in that it didn't overexplain their feelings and left the visual do the talking.
Interesting things to pick from this episode are:
- Catarina's head council member says that "Catarina seems to have the highest affection towards Maria..." even though another way around would be more accurate. This is more weird considering Catarina has to ask Keith's option on how to help Maria to avoid the bullying. The answer was quite obvious considering Catarina wants to be more close to her.
- Catarina continues to have googly eyes on Maria.
- Catarina isn't worried about her friends saying that they like her.
- Was Catarina's best magic trick really the small earth bump. I know the scene was in the humour but still can't she just make a sword or shovel from the ground!
- Keith just doesn't want to be a playboy but he could.
- Why is Catarina tried and sweaty after but Keith isn't? Doesn't Catarina's sword training and farming increased her stamina at all or is it just that boys have better genes?
My guess for the next episode is that Catarina stole another scene by visiting Maria. And at some point, Maria would be a challenge to a duel which Catarina will end up taking because bullies found out about Catarina's farming hobby.